- Click the button « Create a new CustoPack ».
- Complete the fields « Pack Name », « Author » and « E-Mail ».
- Select the operating systems (OS) which will be compatible with your pack. For example, avoid to select an OS if you don't have a visual style compatible with this one in your pack.
- Click « Create the project ».
Note : In spite of a simple user interface, you must know that creating a CustoPack requires a minimum of computer and graphics knowledges. ;-)
The creation of a CustoPack is split into several sections which are in the left column. Some sections are directly compatible with all Windows versions (example: Standard icons, Backgrounds, Sounds/Notifications...), and others are split into tabs (example: Visual styles, Logon screen...). None of these sections is compulsory.
- What you should do before exporting your pack:
- Check that you respect the copyright of creations contained in your pack.
- Test your CustoPack on your computer and fix bugs.
- During your tests, think of doing screenshots.
- In the « Pack finalisation », add your screenshots with a drag and drop to the right column.
- Finally you can export your CustoPack if all is OK. An executable file will be generated automatically.
Caution : Don't forget that a digital signature is necessary for « DLL modifications » and « Aditionnal software » categories. For more information, click here.